The Bellwood Daze River Run is held each year during the Bellwood Daze celebration in Bellwood, Nebraska. The proceeds from the 2017 event will be used for repairs and upgrades to the bleachers at the Bellwood ball fields.
The 2-mile and 6-mile races are held on a mostly flat, out-and-back course consisting of pavement and gravel going north of town towards the Platte River. The turnaround for the 6-mile run is where Clear Creek meets the Platte River. The kids half-mile race is held entirely on paved streets in town.
Our event is part of the Nebraska 150 Challenge, which is an effort to get Nebraskans to complete 150 miles or more of physical activity throughout the year. A complete list of events is available on the Nebraska 150 Challenge events page.
Race Date: Saturday, August 5, 2017
- 7:00 am – Registration and packet pickup
- 8:00 am – Start of the kids race
- 8:15 am – Start of the 2-mile/6-mile races
- Register online at Racer Pal
- Download and print the entry form
- Register in person:
- Friday night at the polka street dance in downtown Bellwood
- Saturday morning starting at 7:00 am at the church
- Entry fees:
- Adults (2-mile/6-mile): $20 with t-shirt — $15 without shirt
- Kids run (11 & under): $10 with t-shirt — $5 without shirt
- Prices are the same for preregistration and race-day registration
- Trophies to top two in each race (men/women, boys/girls)
- Medals to top two in each age group:
- Kids run: 5 & under, 6—7, 8—9, 10—11
- 2-mile: 14 & under, 15—19, 20—29, 30—39, 40—49, 50—59, 60—69, 70+
- 6-mile: 19 & under, 20—29, 30—39, 40—49, 50—59, 60+
- Food and drink after the race
- Visit the Bellwood website for information on other events during Bellwood Daze